We have Women’s Bible Studies that meet on Tuesday mornings and Tuesday evenings. These studies range from studying individual books of the Bible to reading and discussing Christian books to utilizing video curriculum. These gatherings provide women with an excellent opportunity for spiritual growth as well as an encouraging time of fellowship.
Tuesday morning Bible Studies are at 9:30am in the Church Library
Tuesday evening Bible Studies are at 6:30pm in homes
Women’s Missionary Union (WMU)
WMU is a women’s ministry that strives to educate and involve people in the cause of Christian missions. For more information about WMU, click here
WMU at First Baptist Church meets the 2nd Monday of every month at 10:30am.
The Barnabas Ministry is a ministry for men that (1) provides opportunities for service to our church and our community (2) promotes Christian fellowship (3) facilitates spiritual growth, commitment, and accountability and (4) provides opportunities for leadership.
Areas of service for men involved in The Barnabas Ministry include:
- Painting and maintenance of church building as needed
- Moving of elderly church members from homes to assisted living or nursing home facilities
- Providing general needs for house and yard work for those unable to meet these needs
- Assisting in transportation to doctor’s apointments, grocery store, etc.
- Coordination and assistance of Room in the Inn ministry to the homeless at FBC
- Aiding the church in other ministries of service
The Barnabas Ministry meets for a weekly time of fellowship and Bible study on Thursday mornings at 6:30am at the Old Country Store.
Prime Timers, our senior adult ministry, meets regularly for encouragement, fellowship, and spiritual growth. They also take occasional trips and participate in special events.
The monthly meeting of Prime Timers is the 3rd Monday of each month in the Fellowship Hall. That meeting usually consists of a meal and a program of some sort (music and/or guest speaker).